Contaminants mechanically filtered by the Solid Carbon Block filter:
• asbestos – mineral once used in building insulation; known to cause cancer
Contaminants chemically adsorbed or reduced by the Solid Carbon Block filter:
• chlordane – used as a pesticide
• lead and mercury – types of metals; known neurotoxins that can poison the blood, nervous system, and brain
• MTBE (methyl tert-butyl ether) – used as a gasoline additive
• PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls) – a fluid used in many electrical components
• toxaphene – a banned, highly toxic insecticide
• VOCs – volatile organic compounds
Contaminants reduced through chemical reaction:
• chlorine and chloramine – chemicals often used as disinfectants
Detailed Contaminant Reduction List
Multipure® Drinking Water Systems are NSF certified, and tested according to NSF/ANSI Standards 42 (Aesthetics) and 53 (Health Effects) for the reduction of:
• Arsenic V*
*Multipure Aquaperform models are certified to reduce Arsenic V and all other contaminants listed. Multipure Aquaversa and Aquadome models do not reduce Arsenic V; however, they reduce all other contaminants listed.
The list of contaminants that Multipure Drinking Water Systems reduce does not mean that these substances are present in your tap water. Be sure to check for compliance with state and local laws and regulations.
Multipure Water Filters Are Proudly
For personalized help.